Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cheap Glitter and Safety Scissors

Sometimes, I feel like colorful scribbles on a blank white page.
I run and I say and I feel and I think and I love in bright colors but really serve no purpose. I am not some completed finished work to hang in a gallery... I am just some wild abstracted art composed of a bored and likely ADHD kindergardener who has yet to learn how to stay in the lines.

I wish to be like such elaborate and complicated masterpieces. Those that hang on the wall and is lit ever so dimly by the gallery’s lights. Those that the viewer stares in awe over or sits for a moment in divine contemplation or even whips out a notebook and attempts to mimic the wonder.

But no.

I am here on a crowded desk surrounded by cheap glitter and safety scissors. I laugh even as I type the words, not content in my condition but accepting of it. I have also been told that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ and ‘all things are beautiful’. I ask, what could possibly be beautiful about me? Interesting, maybe; fun, sure!; appealing, slightly... but beautiful?

Beautiful...

No comments: